Flagfox 5.1 released
Flagfox 5.1 is now released and available for download and update. Major changes include a switch to HTTPS for the main default actions (most others were already HTTPS), a greatly reduced installer/update size, and support for Firefox Reader Mode.
Mozilla is now signing all addons hosted on their site, but the code signer unfortunately has horrible ZIP compression for its XPI repacker, so it bloated up the prior versions’ file sizes by around 20%. The optimizations in this update compensate for that, though Mozilla has said that they would like to fix their general issue eventually as well.
Full changelog for this update:
- IPv4 & IPv6 address location database updates for June 2015
- IPDB files now encoded in a new compressed format, saving space & some memory
- Locale files now JARed for better compression & simpler code sign verification
- Updated Geotool and Whois actions to HTTPS (default flag click & middle-click)
- Added support for Firefox 38+ Reader Mode
- Minor flag icon set updates
- Switched to newer “drop” event naming to maintain compatibility
- Dropped support for Gecko 17-23 based browsers
-> This Flagfox version supports Firefox 24+ and SeaMonkey 2.21+
-> Recommended minimum version is Firefox 38+