Flagfox 6.1.12 for Firefox 60+ has been released and is available for update and download from AMO.
Flagfox 6.1.12 changelog:
- IPv4 & IPv6 address location database updates for March 2019
- Fixed wrong action being deleted if also reordering after deleting
- Fixed favicon toggling forgetting pending deletes’ disabled states
- Fixed hover menu open forcing actions list scroll to focused item
This update fixes a few bugs I found in the options page, in addition to the routine monthly IPDB update.
Flagfox 6.1.11 for Firefox 60+ has been released and is available for update and download from AMO.
Flagfox 6.1.11 changelog:
- IPv4 & IPv6 address location database updates for February 2019
Flagfox 6.1.10 for Firefox 60+ has been released and is available for update and download from AMO.
Flagfox 6.1.10 changelog:
- IPv4 & IPv6 address location database updates for January 2019
- Improved support for IPv4 addresses embedded in IPv6
- Yet more minor code cleanups (incl. one delayed by an AMO bug)
Flagfox 6.1.9 for Firefox 60+ has been released and is available for update and download from AMO.
Flagfox 6.1.9 changelog:
- IPv4 & IPv6 address location database updates for December 2018
- Improved favicon prefetching to allow for longer timeouts on startup
If the browser/system/connection was a bit strained, favicons could fail to be prefetched on first start because the timeout was short, sometimes resulting in default icons being shown when actual icons could’ve been downloaded and cached. I’d much prefer to not have to put my own timeouts on things, or even have any prefetching here, but the WebExt API was not designed with the ability to progressively load icons (like was trivially possible in the past; you may have sensed a pattern, here). Mozilla finally updated their API recently to allow icons to be updated after menu creation, though there’s not really a good way to switch to doing this whilst still supporting the current Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release), which of course is never supported with API fixes. It’s fine for now, I guess.
Flagfox 6.1.8 for Firefox 60+ has been released and is available for update and download from AMO.
Flagfox 6.1.8 changelog:
- Added forward-compatibility for HTTP/3+ checking
- Added variant of insecure HTTP tooltip tag for FTP
- Fixed action list item selection colors in options under newer Firefox versions
- Reimplemented support for hotkeys using two ctrl/alt/cmd keys (upgraded WebExt API; requires Firefox 63+)
- Reimplemented middle-click on menu item to open in background tab (new WebExt API; requires Firefox 64+)
- Yet more minor code cleanups
I decided to not wait until next month’s IPDB update to post this, as the broken selection color was annoying. (Mozilla changed the color for one of the “-moz” CSS values for a recent Firefox update; fortunately, it’s easily fixed)
Additionally, I’ve added support for some of Mozilla’s tinkering around the edges of the WebExtension API, bringing back a few minor features that were previously in Flagfox 5.x: hotkeys aren’t required to be as dumbed-down anymore and middle-clicking in menus to open in background tabs is supported again. The hotkey support requires Firefox 63+ (current main release) and middle-click in menu support requires Firefox 64+ (next month’s update). (the middle-click support just adds back the ability to open actions in background tabs via the mouse; support still exists for using the keyboard by just holding ctrl when clicking and/or shift to open in a window, instead) Neither of these features is available if you’re using Firefox 60 ESR, as Mozilla doesn’t backport API improvements at all.
The other change of note is that flag tooltips should now be able to detect HTTP/3 and later, in addition to HTTP/2. Yeah, nothing actually runs that yet, as it’s still so early in development as to have only been officially named HTTP/3 recently, but it’s simple enough to add forward-compatibility here by actually reading the version number out of the status line instead of just checking for “HTTP/2”. I decided against always putting the version in the tooltip for HTTP/1.x, as that’s not really useful information.
Flagfox 6.1.7 for Firefox 60+ has been released and is available for update and download from AMO.
Flagfox 6.1.7 changelog:
- IPv4 & IPv6 address location database updates for November 2018
- Favicon cache is now cleared after disabling favicons and closing/refreshing options
- Fixed bug that could cause formfield actions to not be disabled when not applicable
- Fixed recent regression that broke formfield action favicons (e.g. Ping)
- More cleanups and optimizations (incl. fixing some slow WebExt API calls)